Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's ALIIIIIIVE!

Update: It only took Jessica a couple of hours to find those 10 errors. A gift certificate should be arriving shortly, Jess. Thanks for sparing me the bother of proofing. I'm sure you'll just donate that gift to the national democratic party.



In an act of shameless self promotion, I feel compelled to announce that the full design greater than website launched today: www.designgreaterthan.com.

no more rinky dink splash pages. I browser optimized it, so it should look fairly normal on IE, FF, Safari, windows and mac. I still need to add some content boxes to the home page and add a few more bells and whistles (search engine optimization, etc.) But the basics are done - the cobblers kids are no longer barefoot. So spread the word that we are open for business. Go... NOW!

I even have some promotions going on. So if you bring me some biz, then in fact you'll get half off your Lionel antique collectible model trains, or whatever junk you want to waste my services on. Sorry, I don't do myspace/facebook design (I really should put that in the fine print).

(Yes, Jade really is a project manager. Her paycheck and the current project list is, of course, classified).



There is absolutely no way that there could be any grammatical errors or broken links on the site - but just in case there are... sure, I guess I'll let you email them to me. 50 bucks in the form of an amazon gift certificate to the first person who finds 10 unique errors on the site - restrictions apply.

7 comments:

Seamus Woods said...

VERY nice work. And I say that as someone who just slogged through a bunch of CSS and HTML himself. Coincidentally, my humble site was uploaded today as well. I thought it was the cat's pajamas until about 5 minutes ago. My copywriter is busy with "progress reports" or some crap, so take your reading glasses off and just look at the pictures for now. I know, you should spell check before ftp-ing...

www.fishpondconsulting.com

Brant said...

nice. Yeah, that's why I'm paying people to find typos. Its bad enough proofing client work. My sister in law is up to 8 already... I may have to double down. I like your site... Very direct and you show a good range on your portfolio.

Seamus Woods said...

Thanks. Got the copy writer working last night, so now Massachusetts is spelled correctly... Thanks Amy. Now I'm eyeing the Lightbox thing you did on the FrontRangeVista site. Does that require any server installed components or is it all html embedded java?

Anyway, I'll look for bugs, but I'm not likely to win the prize...

Brant said...

lightbox is all clientside js and a dash of CSS - very easy to set up; I'll send you a link.

Pilo said...

Nicley done my friend. Looks good.

Jade said...

frank you, scott.

Brant said...

That wasn't Jade. Nice to hear about your better than expect earnings report.