Thursday, February 14, 2008

My heart is all a twitter

It's funny, for years, I have been chronically and unabashedly obsessed with star wars. It's partly the geek generation, and partially all of the father issues that Empire raises for me. But there on the sidelines, never getting as much love, is the Indy trilogy. But when I think about it, I've watched Raiders as many times as any star wars flick, I still quote lines from all three without request - I chant "Kalibah Shookdeeday" from temple of doom enough to question the possibility of a tourettes diagnosis. In terms of overall direction and script, Indy is much more even and satisfying than the two SW trilogies.

So imagine my excitement when the trailer for the next Indiana Jones hit the internets today. It looks to contain much of the classic elements that previous films did. I like that they are openly acknowledging his age - if anyone can pull this off, it's senor Spielbergo. Enough blather.

No comments: