Thursday, February 14, 2008

One Special Lady



And today is Valentine's day. Despite my disdain for holidays, particularly manufactured ones like this one, my urge to recognize how much I love my wife is superseding my cynical ways. Since she doesn't have a classroom anymore for me to deliver flowers to and embarrass her, I'll have to use the only platform accessible to me - this blog.

My wife has done a lot for me. She got us back together after we broke up. She believes in my crazy schemes. She listens to me when I have a beef. She kicks the legs out from under me when I get too full of myself. She made two awesome kids. She cares for those kids every day with every ounce of her passion - even when they are simultaneously sapping her life force. She lets me love her the way I need to love her, and she loves me the way I want to be loved.

My wife is beautiful on the inside and out. She loves dance and movement, and when you see her practice her art, its easy to understand why. She's like water, the way her body moves and flows. She cares deeply about her friends and family, and is much more sensitive than she lets on. For me, she's the perfect woman.

I love my wife, and I'm grateful that this artificial holiday is here to remind me of it. I love you Jade.